Staying healthy is important – keeping track of what you eat, how much exercise you are getting, and when you need to take medications or see the doctor are all parts of staying healthy. If you are a young adult or teenager with special health needs and/or a disability, a family member, or a professional serving transition-age youth, these resources are for you. It is the goal of the Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities to provide you with the necessary tools to create a smooth transition from child to adult health care. Here, you will find a workbook which offers useful information such as how to talk with doctors and how to pay for medical services; a link to a handout regarding developmental disabilities and mental health; and finally, links to the Montana Youth Transitions Health Issues page and the Medical Home Portal.
- Planning Your Transition from Pediatric to Adult Health Care: A Workbook to Help You Take Charge of Your Health
- Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health Guide (PDF)
- Montana Youth Transitions Health Issues (Website)
- Medical Home Portal
- Montana Behavioral Health Provider Lookup (Bright App). The Bright App is a statewide, mobile-friendly web application that houses practice information on Montana’s behavioral health providers. The Bright App allows anyone to easily locate mental health providers based on specialty, location and gender. Please note, this is a third-party resource and was not developed, nor is it maintained, by the Rural Institute. This information is provided as a service for those seeking current medical/healthcare providers in Montana. The Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities does not endorse any provider included on the list.
- Taking Charge of My Health Care Toolkit
(Developered by: the Oregon Self-Advocacy Coalition, the Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities, the Oregon Office on Disability and Health and the University Center of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities with input from members of an expert panel and other stakeholders.)
- AUCD Healthcare Access Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Got Transition